The Sr. Account Executive position is responsible for generating revenue by closing sales of assigned new business opportunities for the PeerAssist Field Work Order solution. Success in this position requires the ability to travel, prepare and present demos, handle contract negotiations, and close new deals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the Corporate Sales Plan to ensure profitability targets are achieved as expected.
- Work with the sales leadership team to identify new revenue development opportunities from construction customers.
- Actively hunt for new sales opportunities to ensure targets within the assigned territory can be met.
- Promptly respond to and manage incoming leads generated from Marketing and Lead Development departments.
- Manage all aspects of the client relationship following the initial sale, establishing and managing account plans that enable long term account retention and penetration.
- Work in close partnership with the client to determine their key requirements and communicate these requirements to the Development and Technical Support teams as appropriate.
- Support these requirements with the development of robust and accurate proposal and contract documentation as required.
- Manage the sales process for a diverse group of assigned new business opportunities.
- Develop attack plans for assigned opportunities.
- Effectively manage a sales pipeline and achieve sales targets and deliver accurate forecasts.
- Prepare clear, concise, and professional proposals to prospective and existing customers.
- Respond to RFI’s (Request for Information) and RFP’s (Request for Proposal).
- Provide regular reports on sales activities, results and forecast.
- Provide market feedback and accurate forecasting to the management team to optimize strategy and positioning of offerings.
- Provide product demonstrations, both web-based and on-site.
- Close/negotiate contract sales.
- Attend trade shows and industry conventions.
- Assist with after-sale issues within PeerAssist’s customers including collections, training/implementation, software functionality, etc. as requested by sales leadership.
- Account Executives may be assigned responsibility for contacting a select list of contractors to build awareness of PeerAssist’s offerings within that group. Contacts that turn into opportunities will generally be managed by the Account Executive who developed the opportunity but may also be assigned to another Account Executive within the sales organization at the discretion of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Participate in Business Development Activities. Build awareness about PeerAssist’s offerings within a group of assigned construction firms. Awareness building is achieved through phone contacts, mailings, meetings and software presentations. Volume of calls, meetings, demos, is actively managed by sales leadership and needs the cooperation of the Account Executive to ensure revenue targets can be met.
- Meet or exceed minimum quota standards for self-generating sales opportunities in assigned territory.
- Deliver an engaging and compelling product demonstration to potential clients in person, via GoToMeeting, and at industry events.
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Excellent understanding of the construction sector and an appreciation of the challenges that construction firms face when executing projects.
- Present a strong and confident professional image, sound understanding of technology and the role it plays in the construction sector, and will have worked in a highly competitive environment.
- Strong phone prospecting into target opportunities identified in lead database.
- High attention to detail for accurate reporting in the CRM tool.
- Strong PC proficiency and understanding of cloud-based software delivery.
- Organized and methodical approach to work. Self-starter and a team player.
- Target driven.
- Consultative sales approach.
- Strong understanding of the importance of key sales metrics that result in achievable results.
- Strong sales skills including ability to manage and close deals and to consistently meet and exceed annual sales quotas established for the position.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of divisional software products and remain current on product knowledge.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment. Represents PeerAssist with honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
- Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time, concentrating efforts on high priorities items first. Can prioritize and attend to a broad range of activities.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- College degree plus a minimum of two years of successful experience selling high-end technology products or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record in a prior sales position that would demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the solution being sold.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. The successful candidate will be willing and able to meet travel requirements. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to qualify for a US Passport are required. Also required is the ability to qualify for a company credit card or possession of a personal credit card with sufficient limits to charge travel expenses.
- Experience in selling SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions to construction firms.
- Basic knowledge of computers and standard business productivity software.
- Core understanding and working knowledge of the construction industry.
- General business knowledge and understanding of project management principles and practices.
Work takes place in a variety of settings as follows:
- In an office setting that requires the ability to sit and work at a keyboard and computer monitor for extended periods of time, effectively communicate with team members, customers, prospects, consultants by phone, computer, GoToMeeting and video conference.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In various settings related to travel up to 50% of the time. This may include travel via car, train, and airline, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, and overnight hotel stays.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
Direct Reports: None
Budget Accountability: None
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Schedule: Full Time
PeerAssist is an Equal Opportunity Employer